Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Summer Flowers

Beautiful indeed are the flowers of summer. When I posted about spring flowers, I promised a post about summer flowers as well and now redeem my promise. One of the joys of summer is the wide variety of flowers you may grow in the garden or enjoy on an outdoor adventure. Don't get me wrong . . . gardening in itself is an outdoor adventure of a more tame nature, unless you garden like I do and then things can get pretty wild. I am including an assortment of wild and domesticated flowers (most of whom have their wild cousins) to accomodate the tastes of gardeners and wildflower enthusiasts both.


Nodding Trillium

Butterfly Bush
California Poppy
Purple Coneflower
Rudbeckia
Columbine
Wild Rose
Hollyhock
Delphinium
Water Lily
Sunflower
Since a picture is worth a thousand words, and no words of mine can do justice to the flowers, I will leave it to the viewer to exclaim over the beauty of God's handiwork. But when you get outside, just don't forget to sniff the flowers!

No comments:

Post a Comment