Thursday, August 6, 2009

Loonacy

Time for another post on my favorite subject of loons. Last night out on the lake we came across a couple of loons acting rather strangely. They were imitating each other and splashing about in the water in some kind of display which seemed almost like a courtship display only being carried on outside the courting season. They seemed to me very like children, one of whom is imitating the other to make him nutty! Anyway, here is the story as I caught it with my camera. To see the pictures in a larger format, just click on the picture.





















The rainbow was actually a double but faded too quickly for me to catch it with my camera. After the storm the sun stayed out and we had a pleasant evening fishing. During our time out we saw the same beavers as pictured in an earlier post and this time they had a beaver kit with them. It was too dark for a photo, but we enjoyed seeing the kit and being startled by the male beaver splashing at the boat. You never know what you will see when you get out to the lake. Every trip is an outdoor adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment